Metro Atlanta Real Estate Information for Buyers
Ready to buy your new home in metro Atlanta? Read on for a quick introduction. This is especially useful for first time home buyers or even repeat buyers who would like to brush up on the process. This is not a substitute for the services provided to you by an expert with years of experience in buying and selling Cobb County real estate (hint, hint, hint!).
Searching for a home
It all starts with a search of available homes. Some “homework” that you are likely to get when calling us for advice is to prioritize what is truly important to you. Everything is a trade-off when your price is fixed, as is the practical case with most home buyers. Understanding what is an absolute “must have” feature (four bedrooms not three) vs. what would be a nice addition (wet bar in the game room) is key to selecting the perfect home.
Search for homes in Marietta, Cobb County, metro Atlanta, and all of north Georgia.
We can fine tune the results to provide you with a list of homes tailored to your precise needs. Furthermore, we will always keep value at the top of our list when helping you search for your new home.
Qualifying for a Home
Getting pre-approved for a loan is a must for any serious home buyer. It doesn’t take more than a few minutes and it provides several benefits:
- Know how much you can afford to buy versus how much you want to pay (two totally different things).
- Get a head start on shopping for your mortgage in order to find the best rates. You shop for your shoes, right? You also need to shop for your mortgage. Don't settle for the first quote you receive unless it beats all the other quotes you asked for from other mortgage service providers.
- Demonstrate to the Seller that you are a sincere Buyer and have taken the steps necessary to begin purchasing the property.
Making an Offer
All offers will be made with standard Georgia Association of Realtors (GAR) forms. These contracts are extensive and sometimes confusing. You will be afforded as much time as you need to become comfortable with the format. Each article will be explained to your satisfaction prior to submitting an offer. There are many key elements to a successful contract and you need to know what duties you are obligating yourself to perform. Numbers and legal terms don’t scare us and they shouldn’t scare you. You will be satisfied that you are presenting a competent offer before we allow it to leave our office.
The Home Buying Process
As you are aware, buying a home is probably the greatest financial investment in your life. This is where we come in. With the help of a professional real estate agent, you can rest assured that we will always negotiate the very best deal for our clients. Our experience is our strongest asset when it comes to real estate contracts and the endless details that bring you to a successful closing. Let us help you preserve your wealth by utilizing all of our tools to get the job done correctly, legally, and professionally.
If you'd like to know more about the home buying process, we'd love to talk to you. Contact us!
Five Reasons to buy your home with a Georgia Realtor®
- Free and full access to available properties in the multiple listing services (FMLS is provided here).
- Know everything that there is to know about the property you are interested in buying.
- Negotiate in confidence with the help of a seasoned Georgia real estate professional.
- Finance your home faster with competent guidance every step of the way. We have years of valuable mortgage banking experience.
- Make a solid investment that pays off sooner rather than later because you will know the true market value of your dream home through our guidance and research.
Working with a dedicated agent on your Georgia new home purchase will save you time and money with professional advice in every step of the process. With the guarantee of a solid investment, the decision could also make you wealthier when it is time to sell. Contact us whenever you like. We will be there when you need us.
Narrowing Your Search
Click on Find Your Perfect Home to get some personal feedback on how best to search for your new metro Atlanta home!
Check Your Credit For Free
When you shop for your mortgage, odds are the broker is going to pull your credit on the spot. Why not be prepared. Federal law requires the three major agencies to provide a free credit report to the consumer every year. Visit AnnualCreditReport.com for your free credit report. Unlike the other credit agencies that advertised, this one is free and does not require an obligation from you.